We process your personal information only with your consent or as needed to provide you Services. We may also use your personal information to comply with legal obligations, operate our business, protect the vital interests of you, our customers, or the public, or for other legitimate interests of BidBid™ App as further described below. More
We share your information with our partners, service providers, contractors, agents and third party vendors as they need it to fulfill Services or orders, or for other requests you make of BidBid™ App. We may also share your information to comply with law or for other legitimate interests. More
You can access, get copies of, delete, change or correct your personal information, or request changes to our use of your personal information by using the contact information below. More
Information We Collect from You
In general, we receive and collect all information you provide via the Services and create an account, including through website input fields (including advertisements), phone, email (including email campaigns), web chat, or in other such ways. This includes personal information that can identify or relates to you, including but not limited to your first and last name, username, telephone number, gender identity, date of birth, sexual preference, photographs, family status, credit card (or login information for other payment account methods such as PayPal or Venmo), employer, job title, school(s) attended, interests, login information and friends lists from your social media accounts that you connect to you BidBid™ App account (including without limitation Facebook) (“Social Accounts”) and IP, postal, and email addresses. You have the choice on what information to share and the services you want to engage. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to access certain functionality of the Services, such as those mentioned above or for tracking your preferences, subscribing to a newsletter, or initiating other such actions.
In connection with your account registration, you will be required to create a password. Once you register your account, you will be able to review and change this information at any time by accessing your “Profile” page. Through your “Profile,” you control your user profile and are able to correct or update your information at any time by just logging into the Services; provided, however that you will not be able to change your email address, mobile number, date of birth, gender and location (which is automatically updated)).
We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including without limitation your mobile device’s camera, social media accounts, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the mobile application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
We also may periodically obtain information about you from affiliated entities, partners and other independent third-party sources and will add it to our database of information. For example, we may receive information about your interaction with advertisements on third party websites, including updated postal addresses and demographic information.
If you have enabled location services, but wish to turn it off, you can do so by doing the following: (1) Android – settings, location, BidBid™, permissions, location or (2) iOS – settings, privacy, location services, BidBid.
How We Use Your Information
More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process – If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account (such as your Apple or Social Accounts), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract. See the subsection below titled “How do we handle your social logins” for further information. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual users and does not include personal information.
- Optimize and improve the Services – We continually try to improve the Services based on the information and feedback we receive from you, including by optimizing the content on the Services.
- Personalize the user experience – We may use your information to measure engagement with the Services, and to understand how you and our other users interact with and use the Services and other resources we provide.
- Improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively develop the Services and respond to your support needs.
- Process transactions – We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests and product orders. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Services, fulfill orders, and related activities.
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide through our contact forms, will be used to send information and updates pertaining to the Services. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries or other requests. If you opt in to our mailing list, you may receive emails that include BidBid™ App news, updates, related product offerings and service information, and marketing material. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via the contact information below.
How do we handle your social logins
Our Services offer you the ability to register and login using your Social Account. Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider and your profile with us will be available to all of our users whether via our Services or our partners’ websites. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
If you have registered on one of these third party websites, or you have verified your account via a third party website, we may connect your profile with us with your profile on such website. We may do this by way of new products and applications which we introduce from time to time.
How We Share Your Information
We share your information with our partners, service providers, contractors, agents and third party vendors as needed to fulfill Services. Please note that our partners may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate any use of the Services, fulfill bids, or respond to a request you submit.
When you place an bid through our Services online, your personal details and credit card information are encrypted using SSL encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. Although we cannot guarantee encryption or the privacy of your personal details, SSL makes it very difficult for your information to be stolen or intercepted while being transferred. Our credit card transactions are processed by Braintree. All information sent to Braintree is in the secure SSL environment, which will protect it against disclosure to third parties. When we receive your bid, it is on an SSL server. For Braintree’s privacy statement, please see https://www.braintreepayments.com/legal/braintree-privacy-policy.
We also share your information with the following third-party vendors:
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation
Microsoft Ad Network and Google Services
- Cloud Computing Services
Google Cloud Platform and AWS
- Communicate and Chat with Users
- Invoice and Billing
Braintree, PayPal and Venmo
- Retargeting Platforms
Google Ads Remarketing, Microsoft Network and AI 360
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
- Web and Mobile Analytics
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, interests, or safety of our company or the Services, our customers, or others; or in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, we will attempt to notify you when your personal information will be shared with third parties.
Personal Information You Post in Public Areas. When you post a message in a BidBid App forum, chat room, review, or customer feedback, the information you post may be accessible to other users of the Services and the public. If you post personal information anywhere on the Services that is accessible to other users or the public, you are advised that such personal information can be read, collected, used, or disseminated by others and could be used to send you unsolicited information or for other purposes. Accordingly, you assume full responsibility for posting such information and agree that BidBid App is not responsible in any way for personal information you choose to post in these public areas.
Aggregated Information. We may publish, share, distribute, or disclose personal information that has been aggregated with information from other users or otherwise de-identified in a manner that does not allow such data about you to be separated from the aggregate data and identified as originating from you, to third parties, including BidBid™ App partners, sponsors, and advertisers. Such information may help BidBid™ App identify and analyze training, demographic, and psychographic trends and information, and report to third parties how many people saw, visited, or clicked on certain content, areas of the Services, ads, or other materials. We may also use such data for research purposes.
How We Store and Secure Your Information
BidBid™ App takes technological and organizational measures to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. For example:
- we transmit data over secured communication channels using SSL Login credentials,
- all personal information is stored by trusted third party providers (e.g., HubSpot, Google Cloud Platform and AWS),
- all systems used to provide the Services are password protected, and
- all Services usage is restricted on a per-user basis on the principle of least privilege.
We rely on Google’s, HubSpot’s and AWS’ security programs to protect personal information while stored in their respective controlled facilities. For more information on AWS’ security practices and processes, please see https://aws.amazon.com/security/. For more information on Hubspot’s security practices and processes, please see https://www.hubspot.com/hubfs/security_documents/HubSpot_Security_Overview_v9.1_en.pdf?t=1509903716895. For more information on Google’s security practices and processes, please see https://cloud.google.com/security/infrastructure/design/resources/google_infrastructure_whitepaper_fa.pdf.
BidBid™ App complies with applicable data protection laws, including applicable security breach notification requirements.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
Nevada Privacy Rights
Although we do not currently conduct “sales” of “covered information,” as those terms are defined by Nevada law, Nevada residents may submit a request directing us to not sell covered information we maintain about them if our practices change in the future. To exercise this right, you may make these requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at (888) 424-3242.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us or write to us at the addresses below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Service, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
(1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
(2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.”
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender and date of birth||YES|
|D. Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information||YES|
|E. Biometric information||Fingerprints and voiceprints||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements||YES|
|G. Geolocation data||Device location||YES|
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities||YES|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us||YES|
|J. Education Information||Student records and directory information||YES|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics||YES|
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in-person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your personal information?
BidBid App collects and shares your personal information through:
- Targeting cookies/Marketing cookies
- Social media cookies
You may contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling us at (888) 424-3242.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt-out we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal data.
BidBid has disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Category A. Identifiers, such as contact details, like your real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name.
- Category B. Personal information, as defined in the California Customer Records law, such as your name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information.
- Category D. Commercial information, such as Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information.
- Category G. Geolocation Data such as your device location.
- Category H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information such as images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities.
- Category I. Professional or employment-related information such as business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us.
The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information for a business or commercial purpose can be found under “How We Share Your Information“.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to request deletion of the data – Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed – Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
- you may object to the processing of your personal data
- you may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- you can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- you may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at (888) 424-3242. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
Additional Privacy Information
Data Transfer. Our databases are currently located in the United States. BidBid App makes no claim that its Services are appropriate or lawful for use or access outside the United States. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information from your location to the United States. You are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct and access to the Services. By sending us your information, you further consent to its storage within the United States.
Collection of Data from Children. The Services are not directed to children, and you may not use the Services or provide any personal information to BidBid App if you are under the age of 18 or if you are not old enough to consent to the processing of your personal information in your country.
How to Contact Us. You can call us at (888) 424-3242, e-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at BidBid App, Inc., Attn: Privacy Dept., 815-A Brazos St #673, Austin, Texas 78701. Depending on where you are located, you may also have a right to complain to your local data protection regulator.